Tuesday, December 2, 2008

news, bla bla and other stuff...

...all of them are on my mind now. And none of them is International Marketing, the course of which I am supposed to make a summarize. But I just can't read anything...too many things are happening, too many things that should happen are NOT happening, my mood is up and down and then again up...

I wanted to tell you I voted! YEAP! Am I a great citizen of Romania or what? One day before my exam (oh, and the exam on Dec 1st, Romanian National Day), I dressed warm (it's starting to smell and feel like winter here), and went with 2 trams to the Romanian Cultural Center. Beside my adventures on the way (surprisingly enough, even the perfect-timed Vienese public transportation has its moments of break...but don't understand how come I was caught in between...), I got there and used my constitutional right and voted. Why did I bother? Beside the fact that Silvian nagged me to vote for Mr. Vainer, the representative of the Jewish Community of Romania for the Parliament, I voted because I want to complain. I want to be able to complain. And if you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain. And i sure know there will be a lot to complain about:) In the same time, I met with some friends of mine from Romania that brought me some more things that I needed from home. Thanks guys and thanks Erwin! Oh, and also on the way there I passed in front of the Rathaus (the Municipality) and saw a wonderful Christkindelmarkt (gotcha! you don't know what that is! hehe...i didn't till 2 weeks ago but not even till now I couldn't manage to get there)...It's a Christmas market with a lot of Glukwine (for sure i mis spelled it) and other yummy things and a lot of small nothings that you can buy.) I do want to go there one evening but always i am so tired to do it. note to self: Dana, please get yourself together! :)

Then, yesterday i wanted to dress myself in the colors of the Romanian flag. Of course here I feel much more patriot than back home. Being the only Romanian in the whole dorm doesn't help too much to express this patriotism. After trying some outfits that included red, yellow and blue, decided that people will not appreciate my purpose and will just see the clowny outfit and judge me for that...eh, superficials!:) But I made sure to announce all my classmates about the event, my teachers, and especially the teacher that gave us an exam on that date. And i mentioned that he should be greatful that I'm having this exam instead of celebrating at home...riiiight:) (the exam, at "Scientific methods and tools of research" went good. Got an 1:) here it means the best grade:P)
How was Dec 1st back home? Anybody wants to tell me?

Today I had the first shift in the library. I told you about the points one must collect doing different chores in the campus. So I had time to read the book for school. The fact that I didn't is something else. But at least I got a GREAT massage for my achy (no, not heart:) ) back. It was worthed!:)

Going back to the votes, we witnessed an unbelievable result: the representative of the Jewish Community received 22.400 votes. Taking into consideration that the number of members of the Jewish Communities all over the country is of only 6000(!!!) nobody can explain where does the HUUUGE difference come from. I still don't know how come, but for sure it shows that the Jewish Community is a strong one in Romania and this can't but make me very proud, knowing that I was an active part of it and I (still) am a small part. And I am really curious to see how many votes did Mr. Vainer get from Vienna...:) One is sure mine and another is Miriam's:)
Besides all these...what can I tell you? A great weekend...going to a very nice Shabat evening organised by Eytan at his house, meeting nice people, walking back (yes, on foot!!) 1 hour and 15 min by the Donau, laughing a lot, playing ping pong at 3 am (!?!):)) and waking up with a great mood at 12:00 at noon...
Oh, and I found out that it might be that next March I will be dancing at a Jewish Ball in the Rathaus! That is beyond any expectation! I'm soooo excited...yea, yea yea...
And with this excitement in mind, another thing poped out: me needing to go back to my Intl. Marketing...see yaaaa!

4 comments:

Vitali said...

so much positive energy from this post :))) very nice :)

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm your 1st december sounds like a semi-full day :D if you were able to play ping pong at 3AM on 2th that was a full day :D...
I've saw in your post that ask for a feedback from Romania about election day... I can tell you something about... from my point of view. Sunday was a beautifull day and so beautifull that lot's of romanians go to mountain playing with the sun rails an snowmans. That was the election day... Absence not only in the vote cab but also in life style :D... So you shall be proud that you can use our flag as clothes because Romania can grow only with good sense and responsability. Thank you !

Dandush said...

VL, you should know that part of this energy came from your wonderful massage, so thanks;)
exec, ping pong was played at 3 am on Dec 1st, so i can tell you that it WAS a FULL day. As for the clothes/flags, i said that i wanted to use the clothes as flag not the other way around. Didn't understand if i should feel some irony in your comment or not...should i? Cause when it comes to good sense and responsibility, it seems (from what you tell me) that I had it being thousands of km away, much more than those in Romania on Dec 1st...

Unknown said...

i should feel some irony in your comment or not...should i?
No, thank you !