Thursday, December 18, 2008

Politics, feelings, marketing exam, (no) food in the mensa and many more...

I know. That's all i can say. I thought there is nobody else reading my blog no more. And it would be perfectly legitimate from you not to want to read it anymore or not to even remember my address no more. What can I do? All the time i want to write, i become sooo lazy with no reason. Starting is hard, but once I get going, nobody can stop me:). I can tell you from now on that this post will be a looong one because too many things have gathered since I last wrote. I even got to write the subjects I wanted to share with you on a piece of paper. See how much I am thinking about sharing my experiences with you guys? But from thinking to typing...long shot...
Anyway, where were we? Oh, yes, to me voting. Since then, parties have won, a Prime minister was nominated by the President, chosen, after was announced he refused (a gesture that he has done once again some time ago -2004 was it?), another Prime Minister was chosen, a guy that represents me as much as my President does. And now I just found out the names from our new government. Unbelievable! I am totally ashamed and dissapointed with leaders of Romania nowadays. But then again...each country has the leaders its people deserve. So no complaints. Oh, yes complaints cause I voted, ok?

Now, let's talk about things that are in my closer environment. Like snow-rain today. Bad ugly weather. And all the mood around the campus is like everybody wants to go in vacation, go home, go out, just go. In less than 1 week i am going to my homy. I so thought i won't miss it. and here I am, missing Bucharest, missing dad, missing Apu, missing Woody. Woodelutzuuuu.....he definitely deserves a walk out. This in case he remembers me...
Of course I miss a lot my family in Israel but them I will see in february! Yeeey!
And also I miss friends. I think it is already the 10th time I am telling you about what nice people I am meeting here day by day, how happy i am to spend a lot of time with some really cool guys and girls, but i still miss the old gang back home. I read on Rina's blog that she also misses home and parties and friends, so I feel better:)

Had yesterday the first big exam. In marketing. I was pretty dissapointed about it after, I feel I've done pretty bad, or at least not enough. The question that still remains in my head is why the hell is there the need to make the exam as stressfull as possible? We had 14 subjects in 1 hour and 30 minutes. Definitely not enough time. And why? You were supposed to write whatever comes to your mind first first first. Not even reflect for a second, cause ups, time's up! I don't understand! Does this show more about our knowledge? About how we react in times of stress? About how we prioritise which subjects we cover and which not? anyhow...after the exam, stressed and mad, we went to eat...guess what? Dinner is from 7-8 pm. We got to 7:30..."we are sorry, there's no more food left" (you imagine that this is my nice translation of a shoulder movement from down to up and then again down and a head dropping to the left - of the lady in the kitchen). No chicken, no jam, no chocolate, no...i felt my pressure going up. (PS: me going now to dinner not to miss this one too. I shall be back, no worries!:)
Ok, me back. so were was I? Oh, yes, at the part with no food. So we left for the city to eat something. Vienna is something extraordinary from this point. The coffee places (Starbucks is a good example) is closed after 8 pm! And everything else! Even now, some days before Christmas, in the middle of the week, in the evenings, you find all the shops closed and too few people on the streets. Unbelievable!
But, as I found out last week, in the weekends, during the day, things change dramatically! On the main shopping street, you can barely walk! In the shops, there's no place to move! This shopping day was a very educational one. I learned a lot of things. Like the fact that you can loose the person you went shopping with in the first big store you enter and then shop all by yourself all day long. Or the fact that ALL and ONLY Romanians and Hungarians do shopping in Vienna. Everywhere, but really everywhere, I heard only Romanian and Hungarian. I felt like in Transilvania:) And I learned that the sellers in Muller are among the rude and unpolite sellers I've seen. So very educational...:)

I found a very nice quote somewhere. And this while I was thinking I don't have a motto in my life. And I should start looking for one. This is not my motto, but just something that made me smile and reflect: "Listen! Today is the first day of the rest of your life! But relax, so is tomorrow!" :) Does it tell you anything? What do you take from this? I am curious on your oppinions.

Remember I told you I've been to a Klezmatics klezmer performance a while ago? Still didn't get to give details about that, but they sang a song that I loved. That has a very deep meaning. I knew I heard it before and searched it over the Internet. Klezmatics made only a cover, but the way they sang it is really nice. And they've added some Iddish lyrics, something that makes it even nicer. I will try to upload here a video, last time it didn't work, let's see now. And below you have the lyrics..."I ain't afraid..." Very powerful lyrics (here you can listen to the original version and also read the lyrics) and very modern nowadays. "I ain't afraid of your Allah, I ain't afraid of your Jesus...I'm afraid of what you do in the name of your God"...

I have much more to write (from my list i ticked only some, but i want to post this not to loose it)...soon (very soon) another shall come...
Listening to "I ain't afraid", I leave you...
Good night

No comments: