Sunday, March 2, 2008

the day of the song

I promised i'll write some posts in English as well. This is one of them.

Today i felt all kind of ways. I felt shining, i felt tired, i felt content and i felt puzzled. I felt everything will get set by itself, i felt calm and I felt i'm starting to put order. In my life, cause my desk is messier than ever. Or as always, cause always is messier and messier:). I felt (over)confident in what's it gonna be, I felt again that i love to dance, I felt dissapointed that it is not as it used to be, i felt lazy but then happy i overcame this laziness.
But what does all this have to do with the "day of the song" (and yes, on purpose it is upside down instead of "Song of the day")? Nothing. Just that the song is full of love and i love the message it sends (i recommend that you'll check the lyrics, otherwise it doesn't have too much meaning) and someone might think that if i chose this song i'm either very much in love or very sad and desperate(cause the song gives you a hope). And i'm not any of them.
This day, it's Shlomi Shabat's turn. Far from the other 2 Israelis which are definetly stars and values, Shlomi Shabat is famous, has a lot of fans, but sings a much more Mizrachi (close to the Romanian "manele") style. I'm wondering how many readers did i just lost by writing this sentence. Do listen to the song and let it get to you. I think the lyrics are really beautiful and have nothing to do with the usual lyrics of a "manea".

You can (and are invited to) check
http://www.hebrewsongs.com/?song=lecholechadyesh

No comments: