Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The direct relation between financial crisis and the fridges in our dorm....

....is much easier to spot now than it was before receiving the e-mail that i am attaching below. And you will see why. I laughed so much when i read it that i had to reply to this guy from my dorm. I love when people have good humor and manage to mock stupid situations especially when they can't do anything else. I said to share this with you now, cause the copy+paste actions don't take too much of my time, but other than this, i again want/desire/need/thrive/wish to tell you about my weekend in Bratislava (so much to say) and about the Klezmatics concert on Monday evening (amazing at least) but i literally don't get more than 10 min off school things. really. for example now, i need to make another presentation, as last week, proving this time that "A company is NOT a machine". Last week, as i was telling you, was writing about "A company IS a machine". If i get to do this fast enough, i will for sure write another post about the events mentioned above. For now, enjoy the exchange of e-mails and tell me whether u found it as funny as i did:

Quoting xxx.yyy@lbs.ac.at:

Hello all,

Today I felt the world financial crisis directly. Seems that impoverished from the crisis, a poor student, desperately craving for food took some of my own food from the fridge in community room 123.
Of course, I understand that to sustain his biological existence he or she had to go to this extreme measures. However, I kindly would like to ask the person who did that to bring me back the leftovers from bread and cheese, and in turn, I officially promise to give him half of my food from now on.
Ashamed, I have to admit that some part of me believes that its not about the crisis but about greed, laziness, and misunderstanding of the concept of property. Nevertheless, I would not
let this part prevail over my belief that there are only decent and worthy,young Jewish people in the dormitory.
I guarantee full confidentiality for the student and his social status in our wonderful little community will not be harmed by any means.

And my answer after laughing a lot:

> Loved your message! :)
> this is how i see it (yes, from a mathematical point of view cause this is what i f...ing studied 4 years:))

> the relation between you-the stolen food-the thief- the general public looks like:

> 1. you = empty stomach and without resources = -1,
> 2. stolen food = ate already = 0,
> 3. the thief-not so decent anymore but totally content and full = 1+ (cause we don't count only the actual food but also the increase of his general state of being. and we don't have what to decrease cause that would be the decency and the correctness, which seem are totally 0)
> 4. the general public = 0 (as usual not intervening and being just a regular outside observer, cause the drawbacks of being called a traitor, are bigger than the satisfaction of being called a friend by somebody else)

> So then, which is the impact of your email on the involved factors?
> 1. you= still empty stomach but at least happy u took it out on somebody and even with a good humor = - 0.5
> 2. stolen food remains stolen food =0
> 3. thief= i assume no change whatsoever (hope i'm wrong)
> 4. general public with sense of humor = +9 and others = 0

> So the conclusion? Even though i never step foot in 123 yet (yeap, newcomers), just because u made me smile and get from 0 to 9, u get a share of my cheese when u want (and when i will have bought a new one, cause the one from now got rotten;) )

> Dana
> PS: if there is anything in the mail u don't understand, either
> 1. ask me and i will draw u a scheme :)
> 2. ignore and delete the message:P

Of course the funny guy approached me at dinner telling me that he will make use of that cheese as soon as possible:)

2 comments:

Vitali said...

Being at Lauder Business School is like trying to analyze Twin Peaks or X files with the tools of conventional logic and rules of physics.

"The Funny Guy" :)

Anonymous said...

i think that the people there really need somebody like you... you'll be a good friend for anybody who needs a friend... you'll be my friend even if you're so far away... i miss you kisses and thanks for telling us about your life since you left me here in Romania