Monday, November 3, 2008

"Vienna hills"...


...or how to make a boring Sunday become a most colorful one...
As i told you last night, today was supposed to be a day of study, rememeber ? (wait, wait, don't ya nod your head already, i ALSO studied, but you'll see that by the end, ok?). And taking into consideration that i went to sleep at about 2 am (as every night), waking up at 12 at noon was not something unrealistic. Although, after what nightmare i had, with me trying to run away from the bad guys, being helped by a friend whose car was going very slow on the highway, and all of this happening inside my appartment in Bucharest (yes even the highway!), i should have waken up much earlier. Anybody eager to interpret my dream? does it mean that i'm already home sick?
Anyway, by the time i was ready to go, i realised i missed not only breakfast but also lunch. But as I wasn't too hungry so that didn't matter. I got a call from a friend of mine living in the dorm (I don't know yet what rule I should apply regarding the people in my stories. Should i give out names? Should i put initials? Should i not mention at all? I, for myself, like writing out the names, but as it's not me to say, i will have to ask for people permission to have their names written in my blog:) ok, at least in the not-so-embarrasing posts:) ) So he was offering to do something cause he's bored. So Dana, the anti-boredom solution came in handy:) like...Mr Proper whistling, but without the musles:) I told him I anyway wanted to play table tennis (cause guess what? I just discovered a ping pong table in the dorm! can't wait! we'll see who can beat me in LBS:) I hope I won't dissapoint the Cristian-Popa Soare training center :P! But, as we couldn't find "matkot" (rackets), we decided to go for a walk as the weather was great.

We didn't have a certain place to go, but in the end, we managed to get in a beautiful area, very pitoresque, on the hills, with lots and lots of vineyards, with colors that went from green to dark red going through yellow, brigh red and brown. The first picture of the post has became my desktop picture.


And think that this was only about 10 min far from my dorm:) How lucky can i still be?
We also met some locals and we were amazed by how friendly people in Austria can be. Really! How helpful, and full of smiles and goodwill always. I really think this is related to a combination between the standard of living (people are not so stressed about the daily life) and the level of civilization. As my friend said, they are YES people. They think how to make out of everything something good, if that good can be achieved.
Anyway, we ate grapes directly from the vineyard, goofed around doing jumps on a not very solid terrain, took pictures, drank 100% natural -me, grape juice, him, some kind of must (between juice and wine) at a lovely peasant restaurant in the middle of the vineyard, played with a German sheperd bred by an Austrian family that got a lot of prizes in Japan dog contests (!?!?:)) ), and we also made it to the wonderful dinner in the campus, consisting of tuna fish, salad and cornflakes with milk, all in all to end one of the nicest days in Vienna so far.

But hey, then where is the studying? And no, i won't come with my "usual" excuses like "studying people in the nature is an interesting and useful thing in life, so this is what i did" but i really came back into my room and did my homework at accounting. See? Dana, Good girl:) And tomorrow i also want to check with the teacher cause i spotted a mistake (on the "teacher, teacher something's wrong there! (sau tovarashu, tovarashu!!!) way :) )

Good night everybody cause tomorrow it's a heavy but nice day!

2 comments:

anda said...

looks like you already feel like romania is too slow for your new needs ;) - in reference to your dream. bad guys=the unknown, highway=your path, a friend's car in your room=familiar things... it's ok, i won't charge you for the interpretation ;)
i see we have such similar feelings towards a new life and school style... good luck, it will be quite a fantastic ride, for sure. and it WILL change you. i didn't believe people when they told me that in NY. yeey :)

Dandush said...

Hey anda'le! Thanks for the interpretation! Should i send you more of my dreams to decipher? Thanks for your wishes. Yeap, i start to feel it's changing me, we all hope it will be for the best. And then again, i was so perfect before, what is there to change?:)))